Friday, July 07, 2006

Bee sting first aid

Bee sting first aid

The sting of a wasp is unlike from the typical honey bee sting in that the latter leaves the stinger attached with the venom sac within the victim. The two greatest risks from nearly all insect stings are allergic reaction which occasionally, in some individuals could be fatal and infection more common and less serious. Symptoms of a bee sting are generally there is immediate pain and swelling.

There are some who can have severe allergic reactions characterized by difficulty breathing, hives, itching, and swelling over the body. The redness and swelling can often cover a huge area of skin that can last for up to 48 hours. These great reactions do not necessarily mean it is an allergic reaction.

Treatment to be conducted:

If you have been stung by a bee, one should follow these instructions. Bees go away leaving behind a stinger attached to a venom sac. Do not try to pull it out as this may discharge more venom; instead gently scrape it. Wash the area cautiously with soap and water. This should be continued numerous times a day until the skin is healed.

Apply a cold or ice pack, wrapped in cloth for few minutes. Apply a paste of baking soda and water and let it be for 15 to 20 minutes. Take acetaminophen for ache. Other remedies for pain and itching may consist of dabbing on a tiny amount of household ammonia. Over-the-counter products which contain ammonia are also obtainable for

see more Bee sting first aid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home